Protecting your handbags from wear and tear is a must if you invested a lot of money into it. If you’ve purchased a luxury handbag, taking proper care of it is key to making your handbag a forever item. We highly recommend taking your handbag to a professional dry cleaner like Cameo cleaners often to ensure that your handbag lasts a lifetime. However, there are ways you can maintain your handbag in between trips to the dry cleaners to further the longevity of your handbag.
- With warm water (with a hint of soap), wipe your bag with the grain of the handbag at least once a week. Do not use any damaging chemicals such as vinegar or baby wipes as those can damage your handbag.
- If you have any ink marks on your handbag, you need to take it to Cameo Cleaners right away. If you really cannot pay a visit to a professional dry cleaner, then the least you can do is use a special ink removing product to remove the ink stain (make sure to follow the instructions properly!).
- Changing handbags depending on your mood and day is common. However, make sure you keep your unused handbags stuffed so the shape of your handbag is retained.
- Do not hold your handbag immediately after applying lotion or any hand cream. This results in grease stains.
- If your handbag came with a dust bag, udo not dispose of it. A dust bag should be used at all times when storing your handbags to make it dust-free. This is especially useful if you plan on not using your handbag for a long time.
- Avoid leaving your handbag in places that have direct sunlight. This will result in the color of your handbag to fade over time.
- If you have a very visible stain that will not go away and can’t afford to visit Cameo cleaners at the moment, use a shoe polish that matches the color of your handbag and apply on the affected area. This is a great temporary solution until the next time you pay a visit to a professional who can treat those stubborn stains.
- To remove unwanted smells, place an open container of baking powder inside your bag for 24 hours and inside your dust bag (if you have one). This should result in the removal of unwanted smells as the baking powder works to absorb bad orders.
These tips are not substitutes for taking your handbag to a professional like Cameo cleaners. Taking your handbag to Cameo cleaners often is the best way to ensure that your handbag will last a lifetime.
Visit Cameo cleaners today for all your handbag related needs.
Check out our new mobile app!